Our theme this year is North Pole Fantasy.
Please read all instructions to ensure your application is not rejected or returned to you for corrections.
Make sure you read and understand all the rules prior to submitting your entry.
- Fill out all questions on the form and verify all information is correct, including how you plan to use this year’s theme “North Pole Fantasy”.
- Sign and return the Rules and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Please choose the correct category
- You agree to the Hold Harmless Agreement. We understand that by participating in the Honey Grove Christmas Parade, presented by Honey Grove Chamber of Commerce, we agree to hold harmless Honey Grove Chamber of Commerce, City of Honey Grove, and any other parade supplier from any all and liability arising from Acts of God, injury, or loss of resulting in bodily injury or property damage to any member of this organization or third party, which results directly or indirectly from our participation in the 2018 Honey Grove Christmas Parade.
- You also agree that all members of your entry must abide by these rules and comply with all requests from members of the parade committee, parade marshals and/or law enforcement agents on the day of the parade.
Select Parade Entry Category: Float, Walking Unit, Other
Not sure which category to pick?
Float: Self-propelled trailer or trailer pulled by truck
Walking Unit: Dance groups, boy/girl scouts, community/church groups, etc.
Other: Decorated vehicles, equestrian, classic cars, motorcycles, ATVs, etc
Honey Grove Christmas Parade Rules
- The Honey Grove Christmas Parade is a family, entertainment event; any entries not in compliance with a family-friendly theme, as deemed by a member of the parade committee, will not be permitted to participate in the parade.
- All aspects of all entries, including towing vehicles, must be decorated in the theme of the parade and should be designed for viewing from all sides.
- All people and animals riding/walking with your entry must be dressed in Christmas/holiday costumes; everyone in your group should dress in a common theme to have the best impact.
- Music is encouraged and must be Christmas themed unless preapproved by the parade committee. Please keep music at a level that does not interfere with other entries on either side of you and be prepared to adjust the volume if requested.
- The Honey Grove Christmas Parade will provide the official Santa Claus for the parade. Please do not include Santa or Mrs. Claus in your parade entry. You will not be allowed to participate in the event if someone in your unit is dressed as Santa or Mrs. Claus.
- Call times will start at 4:45pm. You will receive more specific information about your entry’s specific staging time and location prior to the parade. You must be in your designated area and ready to go by the call time you are assigned. If you are not in the designated area on time, you will forfeit your spot in the parade.
- All vehicles should arrive with a full tank of gas.
- All units should be prepared with extra supplies to prevent running out. This could include: gas for generators, batteries, extension cords, water, etc. The parade starts at 5:20 p.m.
- All members of all entries agree to comply with all rules in this package and to comply with any instructions given by members of the parade committee, parade marshals and/or law-enforcement agents while anywhere on site in the staging/de-staging areas and/or parade route, before, during and after the parade.
- All vehicles must be in good, legal, working condition and operated by a licensed driver, over the age of 18, who is to remain with the vehicle from call time through the end of the parade.
- All motorcycles must stay on all wheels at all times.
- All animals must: have prior parade/crowd experience; have a pooper-scooper to clean up after any messes; be secured by a leash/reins and in control of an adult handler over the age of 18 who is in possession of a copy of their insurance policy at all times.
- No parking of vehicles not in the parade in any of the staging/de-staging areas as indicated by the parade map.